I suggest you ...

Fakes can abuse the verification system (verifying / uploading fake pics) so what if you made the verification photo publicly available?

If users verified their profile, then they could easily just remove their pics after verification and upload fake one's so really we're stuck in a community where it comes down to trust. To eliminate this problem, do you recon it's a good idea for other users to be able to see their "verification photo" in the gallery as long as they're verified. Their verification photo of course should be locked onto the profile or unverify them if they were to delete it. Snog would then weed out all the fakes as by comparing their locked verification picture to the other pictures in their gallery. This would ensure accurate reports and entice other users to use the fantastic service more fairly as verified profiles currently do not mean much due to the abuse of the feature and how easily it is to bypass it, regards Christopher.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  snog.comAdminsnog.com (Customer Service, Snog.com) responded  · 

We thought about this however we’ve also seen some users try to submit photoshopped verification pics. (They were really good too but we’ve gotten pretty good at spotting fakes.) Making the verification pic viewable to everyone could make it easier for users to photoshop them.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dilipdilip commented  · 

Good morning

• Christine Joyce LeeChristine Joyce Lee commented  · 

literally though, my account got suspended because people called me fake, even though uh I clearly haven't done anything fake.

• Nikki GurminNikki Gurmin commented  · 

I did this , i even left my picture on my profile of me holding my name up just to prove i am real and i got verified. Yet i still got reported as fake and when some of the people seen i was real they chose a different option on reporting my photos as "revealing" when all i was wearing was a collard blouse and skinny jeans , it is more to do with the people on there being jealous, and the company needs to sort this out because if it carries on they will be losing genuine people, specially when decent people are being labelled "fake" and get suspended yet there is real fakes on there still with a account , not right at all.

• shayneshayne commented  · 

fuck you snog staff i tried multiple times getting that guy stealing my identity suspended and u do nothing !

• shayneshayne commented  · 

someone has stole my picture and photoshoped it and got verified with it and i reported him and nothing happened and now he is calling me fake wtf thats not acceptable this website is a fucking joke!!!

• HelenHelen commented  · 

There definitely needs to be some sort of verification process. It is unacceptable that fake pictures can be used when there are so many vulnerable young people using this website. I have never used this site, but today have been informed of an account using my pictures. The person in question has been talking to a young man of 16 under the pretence of my pictures - totally unacceptable.

• SeriouslySeriously commented  · 

What exactly are the requirements? I just got an email saying I did not meet them. There really is just two things: Your face, and a sign. If something else is required of a verification picture, you guys should be more specific. This is really a waste of our time (those that really aren't fake).

• unsureunsure commented  · 

Some one registered my e.mail with SNOG without any verification or my consent!!! Now I am getting several e.mails on my personal email from SNOG users... this is really shocking because anyone can impersonate others on snog.com!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

People can upload their photos online, like on tumblr and google.

• Pinkerbelle MerrickPinkerbelle Merrick commented  · 

More than half the "Hourly Top Members" at any given time are fakes. Fakes with 'verified' checkmarks..

You're obviously not as good as you think you are at spotting them.. You can easily spot them simply by dragging their pics into Google Image Search.

Feedback and Knowledge Base